This one came from cross (stitch) your heart. I haven’t been blogging as diligently as I’d hoped to this year, so this is truly a pleasant surprise. Thank you so very much. 🙂
Now to the rules:
(1) Thank the person who gave you this award.
(2) Include a link to their blog.
(3) Select 15 blogs that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
(4) Nominate them for the Versatile Blogger Award — include a link to this site.
(5) Finally, tell 7 things about yourself.
Here are 15 blogs (in no particular order) that I love to visit. Some of the bloggers have become good friends. I may not always leave comments on these blogs, but I draw inspiration from them and appreciate them for sharing so much of their skill and creativity.
- Barbara – Mainely Stitching – whose menagerie of farm animals, family stories and recipes from Chateau Chaos always bring a smile
- LisaV – LisaV’s Lounge – a stitching friend who shares my obsession for stitching
- Vinniey – Sometimes I Stitch – a great friend in Singapore who is now venturing into cross stitch designing. Please go check them out.
- Nieves Maria’s blog – an inspirational Spanish stitcher; love her stitching, quilting and most of all her skill in the use /combination of colour and texture
- FayeRaye – CarolinaStitcher – a most generous stitcher who was my Fair Squares exchange partner
- Sana – Tussie Mussie whose blog I recently discovered and who has Prairie Schooler framed finishes to die for
- Karen’s Handiwork – a friend who is generous with her stitching tips and inspiring stitching
- Committed Stitcher – whose elaborate stitches I love to admire
- Nicole’s Needlework – truly awe inspiring samplers to be found here and Nicole’s not sharing her secret of where to purchase the turbo needles I want so badly 🙂
- The Needleprint blog – which tantalises us with luscious designs, exhibitions and history of samplers and embroidery from around the world
- Bertie – Samplers and Buttons – love her work!
- Brenda – With thy Needle and Thread – an extraordinary designer! Her stitching accessories and jewellery are just so gorgeous
- Robert – A Gentleman’s Samplings – who creates the most detailed work as he shares interesting photos of his travels around the world
- Isabella of The Primitive Hare – who so generously showers us with stitching freebies and stories that warm my heart
- Anita’s Little Stitches – my main stash enabler who provides a first class customer service.
Now… Seven things about myself
- This I suspect you already know – I have a cross stitch addition and go weak at the knees when I see a good sampler.
- I love crime investigation programs – it’s all the forensic analysis that grabs me.
- I’m an E (extroversion) N (intuition) T (thinking) P (perception) on the Myers-Briggs Personality Indicator profile.
- I love listening to the radio (ABC Radio National) when I’m stitching.
- I grow roses when i’m not stitching.
- I have a thing for beads, especially of the bracelet type.
- When I grow up I want to be a fabric artist – hmmm… maybe I already am!
Happy Stitching 😉