Wishing you all a year of peace in 2012 and many contented hours of stitching and crafting.
Things spun a little out of control in December. Work and tidying up the house/yard in preparation for Christmas guests took all my spare time, but it had to be done. The last of our holiday guests left on a jet plane yesterday and the good news is that I still have another 10 days of leave left to do exactly as I please.
Stitching completed in 2011 tallied to a grand total of 17, which was a pleasant surprise. I’ve pinned them individually on my Pinterest Board and here they are displayed as a mosaic.
1. Dutch Strawberries, The Goode Huswife
2. Hornbook Sampler, Barrick Samplers
3. Miss Mary Mack, La-D-Da
4. Bitter Flower Sampler, Birds of a Feather
5. Sara Hathorne, Hester’s Needle
6. Bo-Peep (No Sheep), La-D-Da
7. Sally Spencer, Carriage House Samplings
8. True Virtue, Janie Appelbaum
9. The Bird Tree, Carriage House Samplings
10. Peace Scissors Tag, The Drawn Thread
11. Sunflowers ‘n Crows, Primitive Betty’s (freebie)
12. Thread Gathering, Little House Needleworks
13. Flax Fields, Carriage House Samplings
14. The Pelican’s Nest, Barrick Samplers
15. Santa’s Christmas, Shepherd’s Bush
16. Bataille des Anges, Chez Mounette (freebie)
17. Jenny Bean’s Christmas Ornament, Shakespeare’s Peddler
Setting realistic stitching goals really worked for me and helped me stay focussed. I chose 10 designs as the main focus and kept the option open to stitch other designs if I was so inclined. I completed eight of the ten designs on my list (see sidebar) and stitched another nine which I chose randomly as the spirit moved me. Methinks I’ll continue with this MO for 2012. I’ll reveal the designs once I’ve made up my mind.
Resolutions for 2012? Again, I think it helps if they are few and realistic…
1. Focus on my stitching goals and blog my progress to help me stick to the plan.
2. No pattern/stash purchases – I have sufficient patterns and supplies to last at least a year without buying more.
3. Travel – planning a trip or two for 2012
4. Stay happy! Focus on the good things in my life for which I’m grateful
5. Exercise more and lose some weight. I think I’ll need more help with this one than any of the other resolutions 😆
Happy Stitching 😉